Saturday, June 16, 2012

My first official post!

This is my first summer off, since being in the Education Program and I am spending all my free time web surfing teaching materials and resources. Come August, I will be a senior intern, spending countless hours (Monday-Friday 7AM-3PM) in the classroom. My father think's its funny that I am paying to be a teacher. I think it's funny too. Either way, I can't deny that I'm not excited. I have already been hitting up all sorts of thrift stores and garage sales for children's books. I want an awesome classroom library for my students. With all of the books I have collected (1000+) I realized I needed to start categorizing the grade levels of each book. This website was extremely helpful in identifying what grade level most of my books belonged too!


Just enter the title of the book in the search bar and the book will appear with the grade level information! I dedicated my entire Wednesday afternoon to labeling books and boxing them up. Hope this link is helpful to you as it was to me.

I went garage sale-ing with my parents today (mind you, I have a new found appreciation for sleeping in) and got a few goodies!


The grand total for all of this was....$5.00! Most of the books I've purchased are from thrift stores, where you fill a bag up for a dollar. Some books are like brand new, salvageable, and some look like they were used as life rafts and food for mice. I usually walk out of these stores with 3 reusable bags full.  

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: